Background

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Here Comes Emily!

Last Saturday, Emily came to visit me in Paris for the day. At least, she was going to come for the day…but then she found out that all the trains returning to Aix-en-Provence were full. We had a long conference with this man, trying to find a return ticket. 


He was nice, but I’m pretty sure he suggested/retracted about a dozen options (one of which included an 8 hour layover in Lyon) before securing a ticket to return Sunday at 5. That settled, we set off for our adventures! 
 We began with Montparnesse, where I showed her my lovely school.



After a picnic in the Luxembourg gardens, we rambled around Paris. I showed her the Marais, one of my favorite districts in Paris. ‘Twas here that I fell in love with falafels.


After some more wandering, we paused for a macaron-break in Tuilieries.


Exhausted, we dropped by my apartment for a quick siesta. Right around the corner, there was an enormous yard sale.


I think the goats were just for decoration.



That night, we saw “Le Petit Prince,” a grand spectacle! It was a beautiful mixture of narration, music, lights, and fireworks. Who knew that you could set off fireworks like this in the middle of a city??



Sunday afternoon, we had a delicious lunch.


Then went gallery hopping in Menilmontant!


 The next few pictures are from our very favorite gallery. We definitely got some kindred spirit vibes.






I loved looking at all the pretty paints and supplies.  




And smelling the pretty roses in the courtyards.




 I could not have wished for a better weekend. Thank you, French Train System, for landing Miss Emily in Paris for an extra day of laughter, exploration, and good conversation!


No comments:

Post a Comment